This is a repeating eventaugust 1, 2021 8:00 am
On the first Sunday of the month in 2021, some Chuck E Cheese locations provide a sensitive friendly experience for kids in South Florida. They open 2 hours early for
On the first Sunday of the month in 2021, some Chuck E Cheese locations provide a sensitive friendly experience for kids in South Florida. They open 2 hours early for kids with autism and other special needs for this Sensory Sanative Sunday.
Features are shown below. To find specific locations, times and prices please click on “Website/Registration” shown below.
- Less crowding and a quieter restaurant environment
- Dimmed lighting
- The show and music turned down or off entirely.
- Limited appearances by Chuck E.
- Ability to order off of full menu.
- Access to play all games and rides.
- Sounds effects and games turned down or off.
- In some locations, birthday parties can be coordinated during Sensory Sanative Sundays.
- All ages and siblings welcome.
- Trained and caring stagg.
- No admission fees.
History of Sensory Sensitive Sundays
In 2016, Chuck E Cheese partnered with the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) to develop the program. They showed them how to turn their restaurants into a sensory-friendly play place for children on the spectrum. They also gave them training materials to provide to their staff that explains what autism is, some of the characteristics that may be observed and useful tips for a fun morning at Chuck E. Cheese.
- Click for More Sensory Events.
- Click for Things To Do This Weekend.
- Looking for alternative to fidget spinners? Try this Stress Reliever Push Pop Fidget Toy on Amazon.
- Looking for alternative to fidget spinners? Try this Push Bracelet Fidget Toy, Portable Sensory Bracelet on Amazon.
(Sunday) 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Multiple locations - see details
Cost of Event
Multiple locations. Check with Store